Welcome to the Resort Village of Kivimaa – Moonlight Bay
The Resort Village of Kivimaa–Moonlight Bay is a small resort community located on the west side of Turtle Lake. Nearby communities include Livelong (20 mins), Turtleford (30 mins), Glaslyn (30 mins) and St. Walburg (40 mins). Kivimaa–Moonlight Bay is home to about 80 permanent residents, with close to 240 cabins and over 300 lots.
Swimming, fishing, boating and hiking are just a few of the activities that residents and visitors can enjoy. Unfortunately, there are no camping facilities in the resort village, but two public beaches, two boat launches and playground facilities are available for visitors.
- Mayor: Steven Nasby
- Councillors: Dennis Ahlstrom, Terry Anderson, Gail Morgan
- Garbage Pickup
- Garbage pickup day is every second Monday from now until April 27th. Garbage pickup will resume to weekly on May 4, 2015. Please note on holiday Mondays, garbage will be picked up on Tuesdays. Garbage must be stored in an animal proof container for pick-up. The size of the bags must not exceed 26″X32″ or 67 litres and the maximum weight for a bag of garbage is 20kg or 44 lbs. Bags may contain household waste only.
- RV Storage Compound
- Located at the East edge of the village in MR6. Spaces are available for residents at a rate of $100/yr for a single lot. Pontoon boats require double lots and the cost is $200/yr.
- Water Supply
- The village has a seasonal well only from which potable water can be hauled.
- Volunteer Fire Department
- Fire Chief: Archie Macleod
New Zoning Bylaw, Zoning Map & Official Community Plan
Public Notice is hereby given that the Council of the Resort Village of Kivimaa-Moonlight Bay, intends to adopt a new Official Community Plan and Zoning Bylaw pursuant to The Planning & Development Act, 2007
Council will be holding a public meeting on Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 8:00 P.M. at the Village Office to consider any submissions respecting the proposed bylaws.
The draft bylaws and zoning map are available for downloading and viewing below.
Check out our Community Events page for more information.